“Blowing my own trumpet”, so to speak, is not my way of doing things….I’d just rather do my best than brag about what, how, why and when I did it.
So, after 10 months of blogging, building an online presence and growing my Personal Learning Network, I’m glad this Challenge suggested that I clean up my act.
I’m glad because:
- I realise that an About Me page isn’t about bragging. For readers keen enough to take a look, it’s a page that may generate interest and result in connections.
- I no longer feel that putting carefully selected material in the internet is dangerous, it’s just a new way of doing things.
- This page is part of my electronic portfolio or online journal. I’ve decided that CLOUD9 is my place to record and reflect on any Professional Development that I undertake.
- Having left the classroom in 2010, but passionate to find employment in the area of Education during 2011, I believe that a professional online presence is necessary for the perusal of future employers.
Here’s what I did:
- Converted some of my information into a visual format. My introduction is now in the form of a letter and descriptive words about me are located in a word cloud.
- I listed my professional interests, current activities and the professional development that I completed while on leave during 2010.
- Added a link to my profile on Linkedin
- To avoid text overkill I converted paragraphs into dot points
So with visuals, links and dot points I have conveyed more information with less text.
That’s enough…don’t want to sound too loud on that trumpet.
Please leave a comment if you have any other suggestions. Thanks.
A mind map showing the pages of this blog.
Created in the program bubbl.us